LIGHT GAUGE STEEL FRAME BUILDINGS Dealers Coimbatore
The traditional wood framing members are replaced with steel sections to form Light Gauge Steel Frame Buildings.These steel sections are formed and shaped at room temperature and hence called cold formed sections.To protect from corrosion this steel is galvanized coated with Zinc or mixture of Zinc and Aluminium to protect the core from external contact.Based on the functional utility the coating thickness varies.Environment decides the thickness and nature of the coating. The thickness of the steel used varies from 1 to 3mm for structural sections and 1 to 2 mm for nonstructural sections.
Light Gauge Steel Frame Buildings Method of Construction:
In general, a steel member is constructed and then the sides are cladded on both sides (Sand witched )with dry sheets to form a load-bearing wall.The inter-member connection is effected through self-drilling screws or bolts & nuts depending on the purpose for which the construction is developed.
Pre-punched sections are generally used as they minimize drilling time and enhance the speed of construction.The cavities between the two sections could be effectively filled with fillers that could be insulators.In residential and industrial constructions before the filling between the partition is complete, plumbing and electrical pipes are conceived to ensure uniform finish and avoid unwanted projection.
Light Gauge Steel Frame Buildings Application :
These type of light gauge steel frame structures are mainly used for internal partition for industrial application to minimize cost, time and resources apart from avoiding permanent structures that cannot be dismantled and reused
ADVANTAGES OF LIGHT GAUGE STEEL CONSTRUCTION (LGSC )
- Ease of Construction: The handling and ease of construction add advantage to LGSC.Assembling becomes easy and the space occupancy compared to wood is low.Similarly dismantling is easy and transportation, reusability makes them much economical.
- Steel has comparatively high strength compared to most of the materials and hence steel helps to reduce thickness while designing structures for the specified load bearing.So compared to other materials the usage of steel helps to minimize section thickness & dimensions.
- Molding& welding of steel members to shape it to required geometry and dimension are comparatively easy owing to the metallic properties it exhibits.
- Insulating steel sections can be attained.Insulation can be done based on the functional utility of the section.
Pains, Enamels, gloss and other insulation films can be used to prevent environmental contact.
- Based on the nature of the requirement, these sections can be designed as per requirement.
Owing to inherent properties, the lifespan of these sections are quite long.
- In general at normal temperature steel is noncombustible. But under high temperature, there could be deterioration in the physical properties.Hence it is advisable to insulate from direct flame
- Steel sections are prone to corrosion.So it is suggested to protect the surface from direct contact with an environment wherein they are exposed to.
- Metal coatings and polymer coatings are used to protect these steel structures.
- Magnetic properties Steel has a tendency to attract magnetic materials.Hence these sections could be used in construction industry, electrical industry & its allied industries